Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Monday June 7th - Kandinsky

Kandinsky's artwork is definitely abstract. As an observer I think you really need to look for his hidden messages and common themes. Through his work it is obvious he felt very strongly toward painting the village on the hill, the two saints, the angel and the horn, and the horse and the rider. I feel like most of his work symbolizes destruction, however I think he includes the saints and angel for prayer and hope. I like how he used so much color in his work. Because there is so much going on in the paintings, the color is spread across the entire painting. Even though most of his paintings represent a destruction and are hard to look at and find the hidden figures, I do enjoy looking at his paintings to find the common figures he puts into his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment