Monday, June 28, 2010

June 18th - Piano Competition - Assignment #12

I went to the Arthur Fraser Piano Competition a couple of weekends ago to watch the first three contestants of the competition. I couldn't believe the talent that the students had. It was unbelievable to listen to them play. When I went online the next day I was reading about the contestants and I could not believe that they were all in high school or middle school. I thought they were extremely talented for their ages and thought they were a lot older when watching them perform. Looking at the results of the competition online I saw that Brook Zhang, the second performer I saw, ended up winning the discretionary award and the young jury award. He was really phenomenal to listen to. I played piano for a couple of years as a child so it was it was a lot of fun to see younger kids play. Being in the educational field I do enjoy watching children succeed as well as watching them do something they love. Those performers were all passionate about their performances and it made it that more entertaining to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment