Thursday, June 3, 2010

Architecture - Assignment #3

Wednesday's class was very interesting. It was really cool to discuss the architect vocabulary words in class and then be able to see them while walking around Columbia. I think the Trinity Cathedral is going to be beautiful once it is finished. I love how the builders are trying to restore the church to make it look nicer but keeping its old gothic style. Inside the church there were really dark beams forming the vaults. I thought the round stained glass windows on both sides of the church were really beautiful. I think once the apse and choir sections are finished and the pews are put in, the different sections of the church will be very welcoming and extraordinary to look at.
The African American Monument was extremely interesting to walk around and look at all the details. What I liked most about the monument was how much detail was in the one monument. It went through all the history with just enough detail to really leave an impact. I also liked how it wasn't a flat monument and that the images stuck out to really show the emotion that was put into the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment