Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8th - State Museum

I really enjoyed looking through all of the portraits mostly because they were everyday people in everyday situations. It was just natural photography focusing on the average individual which was refreshing and interesting to look at. The photographers seemed to capture the person exactly how they are portrayed on a daily basis.
I think my favorite portrait in the room was the little boy wearing the over-sized cowboy hat and holding the baseball glove. What I liked most about this picture was that it was obvious the child was in the middle of laughing. Laughter is the best thing out there, and as soon as I saw the portrait I couldn't help but smile, which really made me like that portrait the most. Being a physical education major, I truly enjoy and appreciate watching kids grow and explore their imaginations through sports and being active. Because this boy in the photograph had an over-sized cowboy hat on and was holding a baseball glove it was obvious he has a strong imagination as well as a love for sports. Two important messages that I hope I can pass onto my students when I am a teacher.
I also liked how the picture was in black and white. Sometimes I think that a black and white portrait can provide more meaning and emotion. Even though there isn't color it in, it seems to leave a greater impression on me. I think the picture just meant to portray children having so many different personalities. One day they might want to be a cowboy and the next day they may want to be a baseball player. I think that the photographer did a great job of conveying that message.

No comments:

Post a Comment